In 2015, Manna Research and LMC Diabetes & Endocrinology (LMC) merged their research operations creating one of the largest networks of fully-owned and integrated outpatient clinical research sites in North America. Combined, they have over 40 years of experience conducting more than 1500 clinical research studies to thoroughly test new medications or medical devices for safety and efficacy.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Ready for a challenging and exciting opportunity in Clinical Research? Our growing Research team is always looking for bright, innovative and versatile individuals. If you want to be a part of one of Canada's Best Workplaces and are interested in becoming a Clinical Research Coordinator/Registered Nurse, please review the job description and apply - we would love to hear from you!
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- To conduct the clinical research study according to the study protocol, GCP, and the LMC & Manna Research SOP
- To be knowledgeable of the protocol so that all study activities are completed correctly
- To recruit and screen patients for participation in clinical research studies
- To obtain proper written informed consent from each study participant prior to participation in the study
- To schedule study participant visits as per protocol
- To perform delegated protocol specific activities completely and accurately
- To obtain vital signs as required per protocol (i.e. blood pressure, temperature, heart rate, waist measurement, weight & height)
- To obtain all necessary documentation as required by the protocol (i.e. ECG, echocardiogram or pulmonary function test results)
- To monitor and report all adverse experiences and abnormal results to the Investigator and Sponsor
- To update and maintain subject screening and enrollment logs
- To create source documents and any other research documents required for the successful conduct of a clinical research study
- Meet with the Sponsor's representatives to discuss the conduct of the study and review study data
- Provide support to the Diabetes Educators by instructing patients on diabetes self management skills in both individual and group settings. As well as, teach administration of insulin effectively, including titration and management as per medical directives.
- Bachelor in Nursing
- Current registration and in good standing with regulating nursing association with no restrictions to practice
- Strong knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of general research procedures and regulatory requirements
- Must have previous experience with phlebotomy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills
- Proficiency with MS Office including creating spreadsheets, reports and presentation
LMC & Manna seeks dynamic individuals who embrace learning and innovation opportunities and those who contribute to great visioning.
LMC provides four industry-leading programs:
- Specialist healthcare (publicly-funded) - representing the largest non-academic group of Endocrinologists globally
- Nationally-accredited Diabetes Education Program
- Canada's largest Clinical Research network specializing in Diabetes innovations
- A network of diabetes focused pharmacies
Why LMC & Manna might be right for you!
- 2016 Certified Best Workplace™
- 2014 and 2015 Canada’s Best Workplaces™
- Fantastic culture based on learning and growth
- Competitive community based salary
- Comprehensive Health Benefits & Pension matching
- Financial support and time off for career training and development·
- Christmas to New Year’s off; Summer Long Weekends
- State of the art Electronic Medical Records (EMR) environment
LMC & Manna are committed to meet the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner. These accommodations will be available upon request.
We thank all candidates, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.