LMC is Canada’s largest specialist care provider in Diabetes and Endocrinology. We have over 50 Endocrinologists and 34 Diabetes Educators in 11 centres of excellence providing specialist care to over 68,000 patients across Canada.
Currently, our growing team is looking for a patient-oriented and passionate Managing Optician to join our new optometric dispensing practice at our LMC Brampton clinic.
- Customer Service
- Greet and approach customers
- Help customers find the best and most suitable products that meet their needs
- Take measurements, fit, adjust, repair & dispense eyeglasses, contact lenses and specialty eyewear, based on province
- Order and receive product
- Optical Pre-testing (temporary)
- Conduct pretest procedures on patients to help make eye appointments more efficient
- Engage with your team
- Work in partnership with Optometrist to serve the needs of your clients
- Collaborate with the broader inter-professional team to ensure an outstanding customer experience, including Endocrinologists, Nurses, Diabetes Educators, Pharmacists, Chiropodists
- Drive the business
- Work in collaboration with your team members to maximize store profits
- Meet and exceed optical sales targets
Qualifications- Education, Experience & Certification:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in an optical environment and customer service role
- Optician License in Ontario and in good standing with the governing college
- Strong organization and time management skills in a retail environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in use of computers
- Flexible and adaptable with your customer’s needs
- Embrace individuality by being honest and helping people find their look
- Ability to take initiative with projects and ideas for marketing, efficiency and process improvements to help grow the business
- Ability to work in a team environment
LMC seeks dynamic individuals who embrace learning and innovation opportunities and those who contribute to great visioning.
LMC provides six industry-leading programs:
- Endocrinology Specialist Practice (publicly-funded) - representing the largest non-academic group of Endocrinologists globally
- Nationally-accredited Diabetes Education Program (publicly-funded)
- A network of diabetes focused pharmacies
- Chiropody & Foot Care (New)
- Optometry & Eye Care (New)
- Canada's largest Clinical Research network specializing in diabetes and cardiovascular innovations
Why LMC might be right for you!
- 2016 Certified Best Workplace™
- 2014 and 2015 Canada’s Best Workplaces™
- Fantastic culture based on learning and growth
- Christmas to New Year’s off; Summer Long Weekends
- State of the art Electronic Medical Records (EMR) environment
LMC are committed to meet the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner. These accommodations will be available upon request.
We thank all candidates, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.