LMC is Canada’s largest specialist care provider in diabetes and endocrinology. We’re dedicated to transforming diabetes care for the better, making it more accessible, comprehensive and patient-centred than ever before.
Our interdisciplinary team of specialists consists of over 50 Endocrinologists, 34 Diabetes Educators (Nurses, Dietitians), Pharmacists, Optometrists and Chiropodists/Podiatrists. We have 11 clinics, 18 clinical research sites and provide care to over 68,000 patients across Canada.
Currently, our growing team is looking for an Optometrist to join us at our LMC Barrie clinic.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborating with an inter-professional team including Endocrinologists, Nurses, diabetes Educators, Pharmacists, etc.
- Full scope of practice in Optometry according to the standards of the Ontario College of Optometrists
- Providing patient care including ensuring that treatment rooms and equipment are all well maintained
- Providing eye health education to patients and other local professionals
- Provide optometric care that meets the standards of practice. A complete examination will usually include the following components:
- a health history with emphasis on eyes and vision, including vision needs;
- measurement of visual acuity (for example 20/20);
- measurement of refractive error (for example far-sightedness, near- sightedness, astigmatism);
- determination of the alignment of the eyes;
- determination of the way the eyes adjust focus from distance to near;
- examination of the eyes for any disease or abnormalities;
- a diagnosis from the results of the examination;
- recommendations for any treatment required, which may include referral to another health care provider;
- provision of a prescription or treatment plan for vision correction if required; and
- any counseling or advice that is necessary, including need for future vision care.
Qualifications- Education, Experience & Certification:
- Optometric Degree from a recognized school of Optometry with professional certification (OD.)
- Member in good standing with the College of Optometrists without limitations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Expertise in providing care to individuals with diabetes
- Proficiency in use of computers previous experience in an electronic medical record environment
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to take initiative
- Willingness to work in a team environment
LMC seeks dynamic individuals who embrace learning and innovation opportunities and those who contribute to great visioning.
LMC provides six industry-leading programs:
- Endocrinology Specialist Practice (publicly-funded) - representing the largest group of Endocrinologists globally
- Nationally-accredited Diabetes Education Program (publicly-funded)
- LMC Pharmacy
- LMC Chiropody & Foot Care
- LMC Optometry & Eye Care
- LMC|Manna Research - Canada's largest Clinical Research network specializing in Diabetes and Cardiovascular innovations
Why LMC might be right for you!
- 2016 Certified Best Workplace™
- 2014 and 2015 Canada’s Best Workplaces™
- Ongoing career training and development
- Employee Appreciation Days Off
- Additional Holiday Closure
- Opportunities to work with internationally renowned Endocrinologists
- State of the art Electronic Medical Records (EMR) environment
LMC are committed to meet the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner. These accommodations will be available upon request.
We thank all candidates, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.